Saturday, June 26, 2010

Just an observation!


Yesterday night I came back from Delhi. On reaching the Delhi airport I was welcomed by the airlines girl at the check-in counter with a sweet smile and the news that my flight was delayed by one hour! So I had to kill nearly 2 hours! I did not have anything to read with me so I was getting terribly bored.

I was seeing people roaming around everywhere, individuals and families. Parents with single kid and two kids. Parents with two daughters, parents with two sons and parents with a daughter and a son. It struck me that there was a pattern when I observed these families. What’s that?

Whenever I saw a family with a son and a daughter, the daughter was always with the dad and the son was always with the mom! Actually I counted the number of families I saw and it was seventeen! (Ten Indian families, two from east and 5 from west) Whenever the children were of the same sex they were together but not with either of the parents.

I know that my sampling was too small to draw any statistically significant conclusion; nevertheless it did reveal a pattern! And the pattern is universal, as my sampling is not from India alone.

I am sure, by now, you must be fully aware that how bored I was!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: