Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Am I God?


Since I live alone in Mumbai, away from my family, I spend a lot of time with myself. Every day I talk to the people I love through the telephone and text message and sometimes talk with people I value a lot in my life. Apart from this I also meet them occasionally when I travel. This gives me a lot of time for introspection and has given me enlightenment sometimes! Often, I am awestruck and amazed by this kind of environmental silence. Especially, the sound of night! Being in an environment where one is alone away from one’s close people is a very strange experience. I am not sure how many can relate to what I am saying, unless they have also undergone such an experience.  

My profession is marketing and my hobby is photography. Both have many similarities and both are inter-connected! In marketing my job is to create a story which is interesting for the buyer and in photography I try to capture a moment which is interesting for the viewer. Basically in both fields some amount of creativity in involved. To put it in other words, in both I create something!

So this brings me to the act of creation. 
 
As I said before, I am alone and hence listen to a lot of music. Music, in my mother tongue, Tamil, Hindi and also south Indian Carnatic music. I also listen to Hindi songs. When I hear a song, I rarely pay attention to the lyrics part as I am always attracted more to the tune and the music part. So, tune and music are more important to me - so naturally the language and lyrics part is not all that important.

Recently, I was listening to an old song from a Tamil movie. It was one of those very rare occasions where I was listening to the lyrics part of it. The song was composed by Kannadasan, an old veteran Tamil lyricist and the song is actually about him. 



 
I was particularly attracted to a sentence in the song which goes like this – Since I create, my name is God and since I create, I am permanent and I do not have death in any circumstance!(“Naan padai padanal en peyar Iraivan; naan nirandharamanavan. Enda nilayilum enakku maranam illai”) 

 
நான் படைபதனால் ஏன் பெயர் இறைவன்
நான் நிரந்தரமானவன்
எந்த நிலையிலும் எனக்கு மரணம் இல்லை

 
Brilliant! When I heard this song I was left with an intense feeling of awe and exhilaration!  

Am I God?  Yes. I would like to believe so!!!

1 comment:

HelenAndrew said...

Private Lender Benex Funding Group Ltd.
We are a Athens-Greece based investment company known as Benex Funding
Group Ltd working on expanding its portfolio globally and financing
projects.
We would be happy to fund and invest with you in any profitable project if you have any viable project we can finance by making mutual
investment with you. If you are interested, kindly contact us on: bentexgroup001@gmail.com for more details.
Looking forward hearing from you soonest.
Yours truly,
Mrs.Helen Andrew.